I Corinthians 3:6

"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow." (I Cor. 3:6)

Saturday, July 3, 2010

How You Can Help!

*Pray!  Pray for our team (Cheryl, Julie, Janine, Ley), for Sami and her family, for the language school and mission in Tuis, Costa Rica, and for the people of Chirripo.
* Give!  We are raising money as a team to cover airfare, the cost of staying with host families during our visit, medical donations for Chirripo, etc.  The total cost of the trip (for the 4 of us) is $4,000.  Please see information on the right about giving financially.
* Buy!  We will bring Sami's products up to the U.S. at the beginning of August.  We hope to be able to sell her things at local farmers' markets, through word of mouth and group meetings, by posting pictures on the blog and facebook (and we'll see how God directs us from there!).  Utah friends, Janine & Ley will be out in August, so let me know if you'd like me to bring out some items!
* Share!  Share the story of Samia's Garden with your friends and family.  If you would like to help us sell Samia's items, let me know (we will need volunteers to cover tables at the local farmers' markets in August).  If you know of a group where we can share the story of Samia's Garden, please contact Janine, Cheryl, or Julie!  If you attend a Bible study or Mom's Club, we would love to share Samia's Garden with your group and bring some items along to sell (this would be great in the fall).

2 comments:

Brad said...

I would like a dress for Jessie I think she's a 3T. She was sooo jealous when Jillian got hers. I think Miranda was interested in one for her little girl who would probably need size 18 months. It would probably be a good idea to bring a few out to Utah!
I hope you have a great trip to Costa Rica, you're in our prayers!
Traci

janine said...

Sounds great! I will see what she has! We are going to have to figure out sizes because Sami doesn't have anything sized at this point (one of the "jobs" for when we are down there with her will be to figure out U.S. sizing). I will definitely bring out some stuff! I'm really excited about the bags, too! . . . AND SO EXCITED to see all of you! xo