I Corinthians 3:6

"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow." (I Cor. 3:6)

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fundraising Goal Reached!

Just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who contributed financially to our trip!  We are leaving for Costa Rica with a total of $4205 raised and we are feeling so blessed and thankful!  I must admit, I feared that with having such a short timeline for raising funds, I thought we might need to do some more fundraising when we returned from our trip.  GOD IS GOOD!  GOD PROVIDES!  He uses people like YOU, like us, to accomplish His work.  What a humbling honor to join in the work God is doing all around the world!

As we pack and prepare these next few days, we would certainly appreciate your prayers!

Some specific ways to pray:

* Pray for our teammate, Julie, who is currently in Haiti.  She will return on Friday night (and we leave at 7:25 a.m. on Sunday!).  She is doing a medical mission and reading her updates, my heart is just breaking for her.  She has seen and experienced things down there that most of us never will.  Pray for her, that God will sustain her and give her energy to treat patients; that God will grant her wisdom as to how best help the patients when few supplies and little medicine is available; also, please pray for her safety for her remaining time down there, as well as her return to the U.S.

* Pray for our team as we pack.  We are taking down many donations that people have blessed us with . . . medical supplies, clothing, hygiene items, etc. 

* Pray for Cheryl as she works, packs, prepares, and works on the medical curriculum for the mission in Costa Rica.

* Pray for our family, as Ley and I prepare for the trip, and as I prepare to leave the boys for nine days.  The closer the time gets to leaving, the more anxious I feel.  They will be in very capable hands, but I've never been away from them for this long of a time.  All three of our kids have unique needs, fears, and issues, so please pray that God would give me peace about being away from them, and that they will have a great bonding time with grandparents, cousins, aunt & uncle, and Daddy!

Again, thanks to everyone who has made this trip possible!  Your love, support, and encouragement have been so amazing!

I am so excited to share Samia's Garden with all of you!

janine

No comments: